With more than 200 million copies sold, Minecraft is a global phenomenon. Although there is a ton of single-player content available, it’s more enjoyable to team up with other players on your own realm or server, especially if you use a custom skin to alter your appearance.
On the internet, a variety of skins are accessible. If you discover one you like and want to use in your game, here’s how to change your Minecraft skin on a computer or a mobile device.
Where Can You Find Minecraft Skins?
Knowing where to look is necessary if you want a unique Minecraft skin. Many well-known websites offer access to dozens or even hundreds of Minecraft skins without charging anything.
- The Skindex: Despite its odd name, The Skindex offers hundreds of various skins as well as a powerful search engine. Additionally, you have the option of uploading your own skins or editing pre-existing ones to suit your tastes.
- MinecraftSkins.net: This website offers an additional selection of skins. You can pick from TV, Movies, Games, People, Mobs, and a variety of other options because they are arranged by kind.
- Planet Minecraft: This website is a veritable resource trove for Minecraft. Maps and texture packs are included in addition to skins.
Nearly any skin you can imagine may be found on these websites, but you can also create your own skin by following a simple pattern. Spend some time creating a persona that is uniquely yours.
How to Change a Minecraft Skin on a PC
In Minecraft, you can modify your skin in a few different ways
How to Change Skin Through Minecraft.net
It’s easy to switch skins after you’ve found one. Log into your account on Minecraft.net first. The left side of the screen should say Skins. Your skin will be offered to you in two sizes: a broader variation and a slim variation. Pick the option that most closely fits your personality.
Next, select a file by scrolling down and clicking. Click Upload after selecting the downloaded skin file of your choice. The next time you launch the game after doing this, your skin will appear as the new skin.
How to Change Skins Through Minecraft Launcher
Through the Minecraft launcher itself, you can switch skins in another simple way. Start the game first, then after that click Skins in the menu bar. This screen shows the equipped skin as well as every skin you’ve added to the game to date.
If the skin you’re using right now isn’t in the library, you can click Add to Library to add it to your list of available skins. By selecting New skin, you can add a skin from your downloads folder. Give the skin a name, and decide if it will match the Slim or Classic player models.
Click Browse after that, then go to the folder containing the skin. After choosing the skin, clicking Okay, you can either save it to your library or equip it to your character by clicking Save & Use.
To equip a skin to your character, hover your mouse over any available option in your library and click Use. Your gameplay will not be affected by changing your skin; this is just a cosmetic decision.
How to Change Minecraft Skins on Mobile
The good news is that it’s still rather simple to change skins in Minecraft on mobile, even though it differs slightly from PC. Open Minecraft, then select Profile. After choosing a character icon and tapping Edit Character, choose the icon with three characters standing together in a row, which is the second icon from the left.
After selecting Owned, select Import by tapping on the symbol. Then select a new skin by tapping. This allows you to access your phone’s photo collection. Choose the skin you downloaded from the library if you have. If you don’t already have a skin, search for one online and save it to your pictures.
Verify that the image you saved is the one that appears somewhat warped, as follows:
The game won’t recognize it as a skin if you don’t use the proper kind of image. The game will ask you to confirm the appearance of the image after you’ve selected it. The skin will be applied to your game once you’ve done that.
Following that, you can select a skin and start playing the game.
The easiest method to convey your individuality in-game is with your Minecraft skin. Don’t settle with the basic Steve or Alex skin if you want to compete in combat mode or play on a creative server with buddies. Pick the one that best describes you, whether it’s Bigfoot or an anime character.
Changing skins in Minecraft PE
Owners of Minecraft PE can participate in the custom skin fun even though it does not provide the complete Minecraft experience.
- Navigate to a website selling Minecraft skins, such as Minecraft Skins, on your mobile device.
- On the skin’s page where you want to apply it to your character, click download. The picture file download should start immediately on the most recent iterations of iOS and Android.
- Launch Minecraft PE, then tap the coat hanger icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the symbol for the blank skin in the display’s upper left corner.
- Select the earlier downloaded file by tapping Choose New Skin and then selecting it.
- Choose the proper skin model (touch the one on the right if you’re confused) and tap Confirm to save your modifications.
The chosen skin should now be set as the default for your character!
Changing skins in Minecraft on console
Before going any further, it’s important to note that the procedure for changing skins in Minecraft on consoles differs slightly from the one described above.
On most consoles, there isn’t a mechanism to store downloaded files, so downloading and applying skins isn’t possible the way it usually is. Instead, the selection of free and paid-for skins already present in Minecraft is your only option.
Having said that, here is a guide on how to switch skins in Minecraft for consoles:
- Start up Minecraft.
- Click Change Skin under Help & Options on the main menu.
- From the menu on the left, pick a skin pack.
- Decide the skin you want to use on your character. (You’ll be taken to the Store on your platform to buy the chosen skin if it isn’t free.)