YouTube is among the most popular websites to stream movies and listen to millions of tracks on it. Although the platform is working well the majority of the time, there are occasions that you might encounter issues such as no sound on YouTube.
If the video is playing but there isn’t any sound There’s probably an issue with your computer or browser. Resolving these issues on your PC should restore the sound quality of your videos. That’s what you’ll learn this week.
Check Your Volume Isn’t Off
While this is the easiest solution when there’s no sound on YouTube However, some users may have their system audio disabled, which can cause the sound isn’t play on YouTube problem on your computer. It’s important to ensure your system can play sound regardless of the source. If not, other apps and platforms, including YouTube aren’t in a position to play any audio.
To resolve the issue the easiest thing to do is hit the key on your keyboard, and it’ll complete the task.
- If you’re using a keyboard search you’ll see the “Mute” button which turns off the volume of your system. Hit the button, and it will allow your computer to be unmuted.
- If the button isn’t working due to a reason, press the Volume Up button, and it will remove the system’s mute.
Be Sure That You Haven’t Muted the Video
Another thing is often forgotten about. If you watched your last video with the mute button and then future videos will be muted. This is until you switch the mute feature off.
- When you’re on your YouTube page for your video on the YouTube website, just click the speaker icon, and it will enable your video to be muted.
- If you prefer the keyboard shortcut, simply hit the M key on your keyboard, and it will unlock the video if it was muted.
Utilize an Incognito Window To Resolve YouTube’s Sound Problem. YouTube
Problems with audio and audio generally stem from the configuration of your system. But, there are occasions when a browser issue that causes the presence of too many cache files might be the cause for why you don’t have audio on YouTube.
The solution to this problem is simple with modern browsers, as you can create an incognito browser. The window won’t take into account your history of browsing or cache files when you access any web pages.
- If you’re a Google Chrome user, click on the three dots at the top right corner, and then select the New incognito browser to open. Open YouTube and play the video you want to watch.
- If you’re a Firefox user, simply click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner. Select the New Private Window option.
Use a different web browser on Your Computer
If the incognito option does not solve your sound issue on YouTube issue, you may consider switching to another browser to determine whether the problem persists. It could be that the browser you are using has some major issues that prevent YouTube from playing audio.
If you’re a Chrome user then you could change to Firefox and then play your video. If the video plays with sound with no issues It’s possible that the previous browser you used had issues.
Then, you can choose to keep waiting for the developer to release an update to the browser you are currently using or change your browser permanently to one that is compatible with YouTube. If you decide to go with the latter, you should not be a problem with transferring your files as there are many methods to export your browser’s files and then import them into the newly installed browser.
Add Volume To Volume Mixer
Volume Mixer is a program that is accessible through the system tray. it allows you to set the levels for each application that you run on your computer. It’s worth checking it out to check if the volume for the current browser is muted or at an extremely low level where you don’t hear any sound.
- Find the sound icon within the tray of your system Click it with a right-click and then select the option that states Open Mixer volume.
- In the following screen, which is located within the Apps section on the next screen, you’ll be able to check the volume levels of all your apps. Make sure your browser is running to allow it to show up in the list.
- When you locate your browser, move the volume slider up to the highest point. It will raise the volume.
- Videos should play with sound with no problems.
Repair No Sound On YouTube by updating the Audio Drivers
If it’s not only YouTube and you’ve got a problem with sound for your entire computer It is advisable to check whether the audio driver is up-to-date. In the end, the sound drivers are what makes your computer play music and it’s important to upgrade them if they’ve become outdated.
- Use Cortana’s search function to find and then open Device Manager.
- Expand the menu and select Video, sound as well as game control.
- Find your sound card on the list, then right-click it, then select update driver.
- It’ll ask you to supply the updated files or it’ll automatically search for the drivers required. Select the appropriate option and then proceed.
- Once your drivers have been upgraded, restart your computer.
Use the Audio Troubleshooter Tool to Repair No Sound on YouTube
Windows 10 includes several troubleshooters that can help you solve various issues with your computer. One of them assists you to identify problems with the sound system of your computer and allows you to use it to identify and fix the issue that you have identified on your PC.
When the sound issue is fixed, you’ll no longer be experiencing the sound not working issue on YouTube issue.
- Find Settings by using Cortana search, then open it.
- Select Update and Security on the next screen.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left sidebar of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the side pane on the left. choose to play audio and select Run the Troubleshooter.
- Then wait for it to recognize the problem and assist you to resolve the issue.
We’d like to know what method worked for you to solve the sound not working on the YouTube issue on your PC. We’ll wait for your response by leaving a comment below.